I don’t know about you, but it seems like ’tis the season for hard boiled eggs. It took me YEARS to find the perfect recipe that yielded beautiful butter yellow yolks. It’s so incredibly easy. You can do this with any amount of eggs, just don’t mess with it. They are perfect every time! Here’s how:
- Put eggs in a saucepan of cold water & just barely cover them with water. Don’t add anything to the water.
- Place over high heat & bring the water to a boil.
- Set a timer: boil for THREE minutes. No more. No less. (This is the hardest part because you have to pay attention to when the water begins to boil)
- When the timer goes off, remove from the heat and cover immediately. Set the timer for EIGHT minutes.
- When those eight minutes are up, head to the sink and drain the hot water, & rinse them with cold water for a minute or so.
- Peel OR refrigerate with the shells on–whichever is your preference!
& we love farm fresh eggs, but they aren’t always readily available here. I usually buy them six dozen at a time (we LOVE our eggs around here), organic at Costco.