mmMMMmmm. I have been making exactly ONE thing this holidays. & this is it. I can’t be on my feet for that long (for a few pregnancy related reasons) so I’ve been keeping my extracurricular kitchen time to a minimum. This recipe’s process takes about 15 minutes start to finish. EASY. & the best part? It gets RAVE reviews! I never bring anything home when I take it to parties! ;) So here’s this year’s favorite holiday treat…
Found first HERE
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (semi sweet are delicious…so are dark chocolate!)
- line cookie sheet with saltines.
- melt butter in pan, add sugar and stir until just combined. (if you stir too long, you can’t spread it, so there should be plenty of melted butter on top of the mixture)
- pour over saltines & spread evenly.
- bake @ 350° for 5 minutes (until bubbly).
- remove from oven, pour chocolate chips on top, let them melt a bit, then spread over the toffee.
- refrigerate until set.
- break into pieces &…meet your new guilty pleasure. ;)
& the visual (forgive the images…I took them at night with no natural light!):
I was taking a picture of just the toffee and a few little fingers found their way into my shot! HA! :)